Popcorn Kitchen Ltd are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy was updated in January 2021 and sets out the data we collect from you, or that you provide us with, and how we use it.
By visiting our website http://www.popcornkitchen.co.uk you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
We may make changes to this policy from time to time and will update this page accordingly.
Our contact details
Name: Louise Webb
Company: Popcorn Kitchen Ltd
Address: Unit 229, 14 Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 5AH
The type of personal information we collect
We collect information from you when you place an order through our website or fill in a contact form. We currently collect and process the following information for this purpose:
- Name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
We do not collect or store credit card information.
When you visit our website we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer to the internet. Your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
- Information about your visit, including the URL, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products and services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- When you visit our website
- When you make a purchase through our website
- When you make a purchase through a 3rd party marketplace website
- When you complete a contact form asking for us to get in touch or sign you up for regular newsletters from us
We may share this information with our fulfilment and delivery service providers (Promotional Handling Ltd) in order to fulfil your purchase and also with our marketing agency partners (Made With Maturity Ltd/ KW Marketing) in order to improve the performance of our service to you.
We will not sure your personal information with 3rd parties for the purpose of their direct marketing purposes.
All our website financial transactions are handled via Paypal and Stripe. We will share information with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via our website, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent: You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Louise Webb at firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a contractual obligation: ie to fulfil any orders you have placed with us.
- Legitimate Interest: we may provide you with information on goods and services that we feel may be of interest to you or if you have previously purchased from us, are similar in nature. Also to notify you of changes to our service.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score (trade customers only), where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- If we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Popcorn Kitchen Ltd, our customers or others.
How we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that the data that we collect from you is secure and your personal information is held on secure servers in the UK.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. We do not retain your financial information and will retain your personal information relating to any purchase transaction for a maximum of 36 months before deleting from our servers.
Your data protection rights
We will only process your data to fulfil a contract into which we have entered with you; for marketing purposes where you have given express consent to us or a legitimate interest basis where we can demonstrate this exists.
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at Popcorn Kitchen Ltd, Unit 229, 14 Chertsey Road, Woking, Surrey GU21 5AH or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: (Information Commissioner’s Office): 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk